Simple Mom has issued the challenge:
“For five weeks, we’ll work together and tackle different areas of our homes. Be encouraged and inspired, knowing that there are other families around the world rolling up their sleeves and working alongside you!”
The hot spot of the week is revealed every Monday. We will record our observations, take before and after photos, clear out a hot spot on our home, and share our results on Friday.
If you have been in my house much you know I have plenty of areas to declutter. Even after clearing out tons of stuff in the ’09 plumbing flood, there is plenty of stuff above the flood line and plenty of new stuff since then that needs organizing and purging. So I thought this simple challenge would be a great way to keep me from being completely lazy in the evenings and accomplish something in my home in the next 5 weeks. Usually during tax season, on weeknights I come home, make sure everyone is fed, do minimal clean up on, and veg out in front of the tv. This challenge is just what I need.
Here are the obstacles and concerns I think I will be facing as I accept this challenge:
- Don’t have a lot of time since I’m working 50+ hours a week until tax season is over.
- Have 2 or 3 nights each week with some type of activity. Week 1 I have PTA meeting and school open house on Monday, church on Wednesday, and piano on Thursday.
- Definitely not enough time to try on all the clothes as suggested in Week 1 to determine if they fit or not.
- Would much prefer to be a couch potato as I usually am during tax season
- Have a really hard time giving away clothing that is in good condition even if I don’t wear often
- Do I really want everyone to see what my mess looks like?
- Knowing I can’t do it perfectly the way recommended so not doing anything at all.
Even with all those things going against me I decided to accept this challenge. Stay tuned each day as I tackle this challenge and some of the clutter in my house.
Its only Tuesday. Its not too late to join me in this challenge. Don’t be a perfectionist. Do what you can this week and feel good about it.
“Do not store up for yourselves treasures on earth, where moth and rust destroy, and where thieves break in and steal. But store up for yourselves treasures in heaven, where moth and rust do not destroy, and where thieves do not break in and steal.” Matthew 6:18-20 NIV